TACL-LYF takes COVID-19 seriously and is committed to keeping campers and staff safe during LYF Camp 2022. We will continuously monitor the situation and keep this page updated with the most recent changes to our COVID-19 policy.
Last updated: February 4, 2022
- All campers and staff are required to be fully vaccinated (including booster shot if eligible). We will ask parents to provide proof of vaccination for their campers as camp approaches.
- All campers and staff are required to provide a negative PCR test taken within 1 week of camp. Results must be submitted through the form that will be linked on the LYF website and sent to registered parents.
- While we will not be mandating that campers and their families quarantine prior to camp, we highly recommend families limit contact with others 2 weeks before camp and especially after their camper(s) take the PCR test. If your family is unable to limit/cease contact with other people after the PCR test, please let us know by email in advance.
- All campers and staff are required to wear a mask throughout the entire week of camp, with the exception of dining/sleeping. Campers are expected to bring their own supply of disposable masks to camp.
- Temperature checks will be recorded daily.
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected frequently.
Refund Policy for COVID-related Cancellations
Eligible for Full Refund
- Positive COVID test within 1 week prior to camp
- Confirmed exposure within 1 week prior to camp
- Camper is sent home due to family member testing positive
Ineligible for Full Refund
- Early withdrawal from camp
- Failure to follow vaccination / booster policy
Generally ineligible, but subject to changing COVID policies
- Failure to obtain PCR test results prior to camp
- Positive covid test during first two days of camp
Unfortunately, we cannot promise refunds in event of cancellation of LYF Camp. The bulk of registration fees are paid out to the campsite, and we’ll work with the campsite to refund registration fees as much as possible. Full refunds will be issued to financial aid recipients.
We also cannot promise refunds for very late cancellations, since almost all registration fees go directly to the campsite. Currently, all refunds come out of our savings account, which is already unhealthy from two pandemic years.
We are monitoring COVID conditions very closely, and will adjust policies based on potential new outbreaks or variants. The refund policy will only get more lenient, not less lenient.